OSHU Tuality Healthcare
Two full time Operating Engineer positions:
Operating Engineer operates and maintains physical plant equipment on specified shift assignments. Performs special assignments on complex electrical and mechanical equipment. Under supervision, as assigned evaluates and implements corrective measures to return malfunctioning equipment and systems to specified standards. Submits required logs and reports. Performs routine maintenance, preventative maintenance, reactive maintenance and other duties as assigned. Uses a database system to open and close work orders, tracks work orders and ensures that industry standards are adhered to. Communicates in an effective manner in order to meet customer expectations and reports their status on a regular basis to their supervisor. Makes required log entries, controls the work environment and supports safety and security process, procedures, protocols, and policies. They also escort contractors, review the quality of work and understand how to direct the work of contractors who provide services in a hospital or healthcare settings.
Three years of experience or more as an operating engineer working in a hospital or similar type of facility.
Job-Related Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Competent in basic electrical and mechanical troubleshooting.
- Undertakes continuing education, and on-the-job training programs in the operating engineer disciplines.
- Demonstrates proper appearance and personal conduct for the employee’s particular job.
- Uses effective communication skills taking into consideration body language, filters, listening, paraphrasing, questions with customers of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
- Currently enrolled or accepted in a program to obtain an Oregon Limited Maintenance Electrical (LME) license, or successfully accepted into an LME program within 120 days of hire.
- Drives a Tuality owned vehicle as part of their job. Must have a valid driver’s license and be at least 21 years old with minimum of two years’ experience in the type of vehicle being driven. Must have a satisfactory driving record, which is defined as no more than one accident and two moving violations or two accidents and one violation or no accidents and three violations on or off the job within the past 36 months. No conviction for driving under the influence of intoxicants (DUII), suspension, auto felony conviction or other serious violations within the past 36 months.
- This employee must complete a defensive driving course within the first 90days of employment and yearly thereafter.
To apply to these positions, please click on the following links or contact Staci Crane at firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to check back often, as this page is updated when new job postings become available. Information on how to post employment opportunities is at the end of this page.
How to Submit Employment Opportunities
Posting your open position is free to all OSHE members.
You may also send in job postings. If the job is in healthcare facility operations (e.g. facilities management, plant engineering, design/construction, security, safety, clinical engineering, contracted facility managers, and telecommunications) the service is free to non-members as well. If the company is not a member, and the position is not in healthcare facility operations, it is $50 for each job post on the website.
Actively employed in or by healthcare related facilities (those that provide patient care).
Have responsibility in healthcare facility operations (e.g. facilities management, plant engineering, design/construction, security, safety, clinical engineering, contracted facility managers, and telecommunications)
The text of your listing should be within the body of the e-mail, and should not exceed approximately 75 words. We reserve the right to edit all submissions. All listings are retained for sixty days; to extend this period, please resubmit upon expiration.
To submit a job listing or resume, please click on button below.